I'm not sure how I've lived in Corvallis for 5 year and never heard of this place until a couple weeks ago... but Cassie mentioned this little swim hole and I had no idea it would be this great until I saw it for myself! I hope there are a few more HOT HOT days like this past week so that we can visit at least once or twice more before cooler weather arrives!
Tucked right behind our Parks & Rec building, down a path and around the corner, lies this oasis!

Now looks are deceiving... this is really quite shallow. Further out it gets up to waist high but we just stuck to the areas that look like this:
The girls really didn't even need to wear their puddle jumpers... it just makes me feel more secure. They never got deeper than their chubby little ankles! (: but boy did they have fun!


Holls got nervous if she wasn't holding my hand... but she really had the most fun in the wet gravel - almost like puddle jumping - rather than wading (:
Natalee & Shy were pros at keeping their flip flops squeezed between their toes while the waded. No lost flip flops - one close call but I grabbed it in the nick of time!
We've actually gone here 2 times already! The first evening (Tuesday) we check'd it out w/ Jason and Naomi. I didn't bring my camera but Naomi & I ventured over to the deep side of the swim hole (probably 10 feet deep) and did the rope swing a couple times! It was a blast! Naomi finally cajoled Jason into trying it and he did it several times too! Too fun!!
I'll end this post w/ a picture of my secret friend who accompanied my on this trip. She's a little camera shy... so I'll leave it up to you to figure out who she is (:
Tucked right behind our Parks & Rec building, down a path and around the corner, lies this oasis!
Now looks are deceiving... this is really quite shallow. Further out it gets up to waist high but we just stuck to the areas that look like this:
Holls got nervous if she wasn't holding my hand... but she really had the most fun in the wet gravel - almost like puddle jumping - rather than wading (:
Natalee & Shy were pros at keeping their flip flops squeezed between their toes while the waded. No lost flip flops - one close call but I grabbed it in the nick of time!
I'll end this post w/ a picture of my secret friend who accompanied my on this trip. She's a little camera shy... so I'll leave it up to you to figure out who she is (:
Comments