Skip to main content

Birthday!! (Construction-style)



So...  From the millions of first-birthday-theme-options, Naomi and I decided on a "Construction" theme for the boys' birthdays. It was so much fun to plan and I have to say that it was GREAT to be able to finally have an outside birthday party! It was a little warmer than we expected, but a nice breeze picked up as the evening wore on and it was actually quite pleasant at the park!

Some of the fun construciton items included:


A dump truck that dumped chips into a bowl:


A dirt cake, complete with a dump truck/tractor-lover who couldn't keep his eyes off the cake! (:

Dump truck party favors that doubles as labels for our construction trail mix:
Build your own construction mix:



The twin cousins:

Yah!! Its my birthday!


I think I could scrapbook a page similar to one I did for Natalee's first birthday entitled "Not too sure about cake"...

 (mostly he didn't like his hands getting dirty - he didn't mind bites w/ a fork!)

This little charmer, however, was super-duper thrilled w/ the cake!



Thanks for all those that came and made their first birthdays so special!!

We love you!!!

Comments

Monique Rice said…
Super cute, so sad i missed it!
Mrs. K said…
OH I am so sorry I wasn't there. You girls are OH SO CREATIVE. Will you throw a party for me when I turn 75???
Lori said…
Such a super cute party!!! Happy Birthday Koa and Brock ;)
Allison said…
Love those babies!!

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)