Skip to main content

Life with Connor




Almost 3 weeks into this thing called being a mom of five...  It's a slow-go... lots of work to get out the door or go anywhere period. I'm feeling 90% recovered... a little of two steps forward, one step back physically.






Connor... Connor is a little gem.  Just a sweet, sweet mild mannered baby.  He seems to have some mild reflux (flashback: Brock!) and an intolerance to (possibly) soy (once again).  So I'm working through figuring out these issues - so he will SLEEP somewhere besides in my arms or on my chest!  My back is not going to be forgiving if I have to keep this regiment up. :) The little guy seems to be adjusting to the volume level in our home (loud!) quite well and has seemed more awake and alert these past few days.

Brock adores Connor (Nonner, as he calls him).  Whenever he sees him throughout the day, he sweetens his voice a little and says, "hi, hi, hi Nonner".  He wants to hold him and kiss him endlessly and hasn't show an ounce of jealousy EXCEPT when Daddy went to take Connor out of the car at AT&T and not Brock (That used to be HIS thing!) :) I don't have a lot of pics of Brock lately because he is talking so much, new words, etc that I've been taking videos of his cuteness!


Two weeks old:


Looking a little bit like Daddy here...





Movin into 0-3 month clothing - trying on big brother's old clothes :)

The girls are all doing well... Hollie finished preschool this week and we will miss it! Mommy wont miss all the night classes and volunteer hours, but we LOVED Miss Ann and that classroom.  Shy & Natalee are big helpers and are really bonding with Brocky through this whole change!




Lastly, my BFF surprised me on my doorstep last week... just showed up and moved on in... it was the sweetest thing EVER!!! {{tears}} She took my kids to school, made me meals, and just blessed me above and beyond measure. It was too short and so sweet. Thank you love!! You are such a blessing



Comments

Allison said…
Oh I miss you all so dearly. I could have spent a million years there. Makes my heart ache that I don't get to see the ins and outs of their everyday lives and watch them grow as closely as before. Make sure they know how much I love them! I'm so happy I got to see you! You're an amazing mama and I'm so proud of you! Love you!
Keri Jo said…
Congrats on your new little blessing. He is adorable. You are a good Momma :)
Lori said…
You have such a beautiful family....Conner is adorable....looks just like his older brother. Hope you all have a super Easter.

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)