Skip to main content

First Days of School: first grade and kindergarten


It was a big year for all the girls... All day, first grade for Shy & Natls... Kindergarten for Hollie!

Shy & Natalee started the week before Hollie. Her first week was for assessments. So we were able to ease into the school year a little. 


Natalee and Shyanne are in the same class again this year. It makes it easy for communication, expectations etc. they were so excited to attend the big elementary school instead of primary school too! 

Big first graders! 

And desks instead of tables! 

Hollie started Monday w/ a staggered start meaning about half her class attended Monday and half Tuesday. 

Today they were all there. Hollies was nervous on Monday... She clung a little tighter than usual so I stuck around a whole watching and enjoying all her firsts:  first day of real school. First assignment. First time meeting her teacher. 
So proud of my sweet girl. Hard to believe that she is in kindergarten. I can't wait to see her blossom this year!!! 

All my girls will change this year. It's bittersweet seeing them grow and learn and mature... I just want to hold on to them forever! 





Comments

Grammi Faith said…
Oh I love those first days of school where the enthusiasm runs high. Your girls are so sweet.

PS please change my email address to fckopp@gmail.com
Naomi said…
I love this post.... makes me sad for the day when Norah and Koa go off to school... Love you girlies!!!
Leslie said…
Nice to see all the updates. Love the new family pic too!

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)