Skip to main content

Christmas tree 2013

We got our tree this afternoon. O how I LOVE cutting our own! It's my favorite part! So much more "Christmasy" than going to a tree lot! (A lot more expensive too unfortunately!). This year we tried out a local tree far just down the road. What we paid for our tree compensated for the gas it would've taken to drive to Kings Valley where we usually cut our tree - and it left more time to decorate!

The kiddos were excited in spite of the 28° Weather! Conor was the only one who seemed less than thrilled with the prospect:
Pretty little boy!! 

With the smaller tree farm, choosing was a little less daunting! We quickly honed in on one Johnny pointed out and I completed the mommy inspection! The girls gave it two thumbs up! 
Natalee and Brock were busy off running through the trees.... We don't get out much! I think they thought it was a park. :) 
Soon Daddy was wow'ing them all with his mad cutting-tree-down skills. They think he's pretty cool... 
Especially Brock....

He pretty much adores his Dad: 

Finally it was done! And daddy had to hike the tree 1/4 mile back to the pay-station-area while I snapped cute pictures of happy kids!!
Well... Mostly happy..... :)

And the rest.... Is history.... Cause I didn't take any more pictures till we got it up & decorated!  It was our first year using colored lights (I've always loved the classy white look) and our  first year using twinkle lights - both requests made by the girlies. 
And I have to admit.... I like it.... And I LOVE that they love it!!! 

20 Days till Christmas!!! 

Comments

Grammi Faith said…
OOH AAAH Love the pictures of all of you and the tree. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL IN 2014!!!! XOXOXOX

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)