A few months back, my mother in law agreed to take all 5 kiddos overnight so Johnny & I could get away. It was much needed. Our dates tend to be short, and (maybe) monthly (I know, bad!) so it was a welcomed break!
We stayed Thursday night at her house, and bright and early Friday morning, I jumped in the car with Johnny and headed to Portland. Since he had to be at work at 7am, I had a LOT of time to kill.
I spent the morning exploring the area of town near where he works. I found a Target that opened at 8am, and spent some time there. I checked out local coffee shops, read a book, discovered a hidden-away Trader Joes. I stopped at a hole in the wall pizza shop and stumbled upon Salt & Straw (We had already made plans to try out S&S that evening.... we both had never been!)
I browsed shop after shop along 23rd... taking my time... just enjoying that fact that I didn't have to be ANYWHERE, and I didn't have ANYONE demanding that I be DONE. ha!
I've realized over the last few years, that I am truly, NOT, a shopper. I don't really spend money, and I don't like to shop as much as the average girl... but it was still a nice day of checking out shops, and doing whatever-the-heck I wanted! :)
Around 2:30, I headed to back to Johnny's work to pick him up. I napped in the car until he arrived and then we attempted to use GPS to help us find our hotel. My husband, MIGHT have lost his mind as I took SEVERAL wrong off/on ramps before pointing us in the right direction. It's all about making memories babe! :) But we eventually arrived at our Priceline'd hotel.... ALL the way in Gresham.... not exactly close to downtown Portland (oops!).
But hey... we were on a get-away... sans kids... and nothing could get us down. Although my hubby was tired from work, he willingly drove all the way BACK to downtown Portland for dinner at The Montage.

I think our foil creation that encased our leftovers was a flower.
A tall flower. I'm really not sure tho! :)
Dinner was yummy and a nice treat. We enjoyed our time and then meandered back to 23rd street for our first try of Salt & Straw Ice cream.
Salt & Straw makes their own unique ice cream flavors right here in Portland.
If you've never been, add it to your list of TO-Do's!! It's def. a treat and quite the experience.
You know a place is good when the line goes out the door & around the corner!!
One flavor that i tried, very unique but QUITE yummy, was Pear & Blue Cheese. I ended up settling for Sea Salt with Caramel ribbons... because... Caramel. & salt. and me. YUM! Johnny got a snickerdoodle flavor but there are MANY strange flavors to try!! And I'd love to go back some day!
Being the old folks that we are, Johnny and I had exhausted the night life & we're ready to head back to our hotel. We were staying at a Comfort Inn & Suites, and I have def. heard mixed reviews of of the hotel, but ours was so nice!!! and the breakfast was wonderful too!!
Saturday
Johnny HAD to conquer the building structures that stand on their own (what are these!?!?!?)... :)
Each tower is supposed to say a word... but after it had fallen down several times... we just settled for getting it UP, not necessarily in the correct order :)
I found one of the LONG & LEAN mirrors... I need to have one at home! I think it would really help with my days :)
And thus ends the photos captured during our little get-away. We are indebted to my mother-in-law for her willingness to give us a MUCH-needed break!!!! xoxoxoxo Love you Maga!!!!!

Comments