Skip to main content

A Day at the Mountain

We planned a fun New Year's Day surprise for the kids & had so much fun carrying it out! We headed to Mt. Hood to meet Jacqui & Jon & their church for a fun day of sledding! While Momma couldn't actually sled, she had plenty of fun visiting and watching Daddy & the kiddos! 

The drive up was simply gorgeous.  


We came up the Gorge and the glimpses of snow & green were breathtaking. Pictures, of course, don't do them justice.

After our trip to Washington at Thanksgiving, Brock was confused about which mountain this was. "Mt Reindeer" was soon replaced by Mountain Hood after about 65 corrections from his sisters! :) 




I haven't done the snow-thing in a while.... So of course, it was bit of learning curve. I helped all the kiddos get dressed... head to toe, including gloves... When I realized... hmmm... we should've gone to the bathroom before we just did all this! oops!

Waiting in line for the bathroom allowed for a few good photos before the kids scattered. 




And they're off!!

We went to Little John's Ski Run. There were several hills of different sizes which was perfect for all the kids. 




My parents bought this sled back when Connor was a baby... such a fun ride to be towed behind everyone!



Love their faces!


Cutie bug!


I don't even want to talk about the ride home. It was a NIGHTMARE. We got stuck in some sort of traffic of everyone coming off the mountain at the same time. And LITERALLY sat in the same mile for over 3 hours. It was not a pretty picture.

The kiddos were worn out after such a fun day. We were so blessed to have been invited! Can't wait to do it again some day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)