Skip to main content

Spring Break & beyond: misc. happenings around the Barton fam

Well for starters, this kid is kinda a big deal around her.  We love him. As Aunt Jen would say "We love him too much" :) He just brings such joy to our days.  Babies have a way of doing that! 





1st bus ride:



He had no idea, just how much he's gonna love his Papa!!


Spring Break ended with a spontaneous, GLORIOUS get-away to Portland.  When Sawyer was squeezed in for a lip/tongue tie appointment, Johnny decided to do a get-away with the kids and meet up in Portland:

The kids found an ideal hiding place at the doctor's office. And then requested a picture of course! :) 

Pooped out, post tongue/lip clip


Complimentary dinner/snacks at the hotel restaurant





Swimming: their favorite past-time. Such a blast!



We had a blast walking across a pedestrian-only bridge in Portland.  Such a fun way to explore and we absolutely LOVED the new bridge.







And just because he is super-dad.... Johnny HAD to carry all 6 kids...  
Saywer has NO IDEA what he's gotten himself into joining this crazy family! 


there we go... quick snap the picture!




Easter morning, Paga & Maga met us for a breakfast at our usually stomping grounds, Tommy's Restaurant. 

Had to snap a photo with 5/6 of the kids because Sawyer was passed out! :) 


In other news... Loving on my sweet foster-nephew. He is just a doll & then some! 



This little guy... just keeps getting cuter and cuter... He has our hearts.. that's FOR SURE!!





I enrolled the kiddos in back-to-back swimming lessons to get them ready for summer.  It was Connor's first time in lessons and he LOVED it!

Brock: Just hanging out...






Connor: Practicing his kicks

Hollie had a GEM of a teacher this year. She taught them how to sing and play guitar! Such a treasure!!! This is Hollie singing at a local retirement home.  She was SOOO excited!



Shy & Natalee decided to be twins for a day... I captured this gem of a photo as they got out the car, much to the chagrin of the line lady who was trying to keep the cars moving (Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha)


Brotherly love... it is such a treasure to watch Brock with Sawyer. There is such a sweet, tender side of my manly-boy! 



Natalee received a gift card to DQ for her birthday.  I picked her up from school one day and had a special lunch date! I want to try to do this monthly for each of my girls. Such a SPECIAL time!


Just in case there weren't enough pictures of this cutie in this post... 
Prince Charming

 

Every year I plant more & more tulips. It's the only thing I ALWAYS knew I wanted when I had my own home.  It is such a bright spot every spring. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!


Sisterly love: they are always asking to hold him, and fighting over who goes first! This girl comes in my room at 5am sometimes and offers to hold him so I can sleep a little!

We have always called Connor our Pokey little Puppy.  Hopefully Sawyer is a little less Pokey than Connor... but we love the outfit just the same! :)


That wraps up my Spring Break/ misc family update post!!  As Johnny & I have been looking back over this blog these last few weeks, we know that it may not be updated quite as often as it once was... but that THIS space here is a TREASURE and we want to keep updating to ensure that we always have a place to capture memories.

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)