Skip to main content

Spring Break Extravaganza

Very usual circumstances aligned this year during Spring Break, and Johnny had the entire week off. We have never had that happen before and we were sooo thrilled! We didn't have much planned at the beginning of the week, but felt like we just HAD to make the most of it!

So we kicked off the week with an impromptu trip to Portland's "The Art of the Brick" OMSI exhibit.  It was fascinating to see incredible duplication of art - made entirely out of Legos.
Mona Lisa made entirely out of Legos

Famous farmer picture

My kids don't have any Easter island associations with this statue. They watched Night at the Museum at Auntie Jen's last week and all they could say was "Dumb dumb give me gum-gum" 



Photo bomb by Daddy! T-Rex made from Legos 

Pencil & paper made from Legos


Floor, Table, fruit bowl, easel, art, all from legos

Tree huggers

Free play at the end of the exhibit

Cutie


Displaying their creations 


The end of the week we headed to the coast for a 2 night stay! The weather was awesome despite the predicted rain. We were so thrilled to be a stone's throw from the sand. The kids played hard.


Look at these cuties!

My mom brought a sled so Johnny could pull Auntie Jen down to the beach.
Sawyer got the benefit of a few free rides!

I thought Sawyer would be hesitant in the sand, but he was in HEAVEN! He just crawled right out and played!

Man I love this kid!


The kids had a goal of digging a giant hole! As tall as them...  they didn't quite get there... but they got a good start!



For Christmas the Barton fam bought the kids a membership to the Newport Aquarium.  I have made it my personal goal to go as often as we can to make the most of our membership! We stopped by on our way home on Saturday and spent an hour and a half wandering around visiting our favorite exhibits!

Passages of the deep never ceases to amaze me! It was a little claustrophobic since it was super crowded for Spring break... but it was still SO cool!











Daaaaaaaadddddddd!!!!





Not sure why Natalee included this pic when she added all our Spring break pictures - but since it's here... hey.. I chopped my hair! I wanted to wear it curly and down more often... and it literally took 6-8 hours to dry naturally when it was long. I was sooo over it! CHOP-chop!


We had a WONDERFUL Spring Break and it was such a special treat! Probably our best Spring Break yet! We were so blessed to have wonderful time with Daddy and just be together as a whole family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)