Jesus is risen!
On (good) Friday, I sat down to read the Easter story.
I took it all in.
Soaked it up.
Closed my eyes and (with the help of the vivid imagery from The Passion) tried to picture what my Jesus went through for me.
The pain He bore.
The shame.
The humiliation.
The ultimate sacrifice of being separated from God so that He could bear my sins. For me.
As He looked down through time. He saw me. And He saw my sin. How my sin would ultimately separate me from God.
And Jesus paid that price for my sins. He carried my sins to Calvary. And He died for me.
What an glorious, incredible gift.
I sat there in a little coffee shop, lost in the story of my Savior.
And as I read, my heart ached with the desire for everyone to know.
Everyone must know what my Jesus did for me.
For them.
And as people get caught up in the Easter bunnies... and candy and eggs...
I want people to know that Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price for our sins.
And that today we celebrate Jesus rising from the dead.
Conquering death to give us life.
Life abundant.
Years I spent in vanity and pride
Caring not my Lord was crucified
Knowing not it was for me He died - At Calvary
Mercy there was great and grace was free
Pardon there was multiplied to me
There my burdened soul found liberty - At Calvary
Now I've given to Jesus everything
Now I gladly own Him as my king
Now my raptured soul can only sing - Of Calvary!
Comments