I love going to our traditional Christmas Tree farm. I love parking in the mud, getting our tag, and heading out in the midst of trees to find that perfect one. I love hiking, in and out, searching and rejecting tree after tree until we find that one we were looking for. I love my kids' excitement as they point out trees and tell me their favorites. I love the pictures we get and the memories we make.
But this year... it just wasn't in the cards.
So we settled...
for a $5 tree from the lot on the corner (what's not to love about $5????).
And yes. I did have to crop Bi-Mart out of the picture below....
(both photos the tree-guy took were blurry & Hollie's eyes were closed... )
I think the people who ran the lot did a double-take when 6 kids & a pregnant lady joined Johnny in searching for a tree. HA.
and no. I couldn't crop the highway out...
But the kids didn't mind too much... and heck... we've got a GIANT tree in our living room!
So all in all...
It's ok (:
And the kids had a blast decorating...
and.. well... this years tree looks best when the overhead light is off and just the dim lights of Christmas lights create a soft glow ...
but that's ok too... because I love the ambiance of Christmas lights! Its one of my favorite things about Christmas!!
Comments