O we had a glorious vacation this year! Time slowed down for us... the weather cooperated nicely.... and we had a wonderful time together!
(the beach house where we stayed... the girls are just a little excited!)
Last year we scored a few vacation days at this wonderful beach house waaaaay below market price (so I found out this year!) This year we planned a trip back for 6 whole days and we shared the rental price with Jason and Naomi. Last year it was March = rain. This year August = {we hoped} SUN! (for the most part we lucked out!). The beach house sleeps 9-12 with three stories so there was plenty of room for us, my 5 kids and Jason, Naomi & Koa. Day 1: Gorgeous weather!
My sister and me!
My sweetie, me and baby #5
Nonner Benjamin
Let's Go Fly a Kite!
His eyes are only for me!
These two are just TOO fun together!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Day 4: Not the greatest weather but we still went to the beach and we still had fun!
And they are happy.... when skies are gray!
I scrapbooked while Naomi sewed! I'm so low on embellishments that my scrapin' involves lots of layering of paper and that's about it! (: lol I still got a few pages laid out. Here's one:
Naomi and I took turns making dinner. So nice to have a break from food prep! I made my food at home ahead of time so dinners were super easy! Family dinners this big were FUN!!
Connor enjoyed himself immensely!
Our last day the weather turned in our favor once again. We headed down for a warm, almost no wind, afternoon at the shore. This is what happens when Uncle takes the kids down first w/o their Mommas! (:
And a glimpse of the gorgeous day...
Well... it was a lovely week to say the least. Johnny headed back to work refreshed... I came home a nicer mommy.... my kids came home better friends... at least with their cousin, uncle and aunt, if not with each other as well! (: Can't wait till next year. I can already tell this place is going to be somewhere we will want to go year after year after year....
P.S. For more (better edited) pictures.... check out Naomi's big fat beach post!







Comments