Skip to main content

Where does time go? Brock 2 years and 1 month

It is harder for me to sit down and blog these days... but I don't want to stop completely. Looking back through my blog I have found so many little tidbits I'd forgotten just in the last few years. My blog is a treasure trove of memories for me and my kiddos. I don't want to stop compiling the little anecdotal stories that make up our every day life. When I look back and read them to the girls, they absolutely LOVE it! So w/o further ado...


BROCK SAMUEL:

What he's doing now:
*plays imaginary play with Hollie more than any of the other girls.
*Sneaks outside every chance he gets. I swear this kid would live outside if he could!
*Plays in dirt, digs in dirt, rocks etc.
*love, loves, LOVES binkies. borderline obsessed with binkies. if he has one, he needs two.. if he has three, four wouldn't be too many. He steals them from Connor, mom, sisters, ANYONE! He has a binky honing device that assist in the location of lost binkies. and if he needs to climb up and balance precariously while sweeping a binky toward himself from Connor playpen... HE WILL.


*Loves all things that have wheels: tractors, trucks, dump trucks, garbage trucks, airplanes, buses, etc
*Goes a mile-a-minute. Sometimes we think he burns more calories eating dinner than he actually consumes!


*Screams words at me NON-STOP (mostly Tractor and truck and Papa) as we drive down the road (heres'a video of Johnny mimicking Brock in the car...)

*Only stops talking when I'm trying to take a video of him talking non-stop in the car!!


*is going through a language EXPLOSION: about 6 months after his twin cousin ha! it's about time Brocky!
*avoids having his picture taken - refuses to hold still - thus the few-and-far-between pictures!
*loves his baby brother!

Sometimes it's hard because he knows exactly what he's saying but so many of his words sound similar I don't know what he wants. For example... last week at the Coast he kept saying "ud-son" and I kept saying, no, Hudson's not here buddy, and then he would say it again. Sounded EXACTLY like the way he says Hudson. Johnny figured it out on the way home, he was actually saying "Ocean"!

Said his first full sentence a few weeks back:
"I-anna-doe-wit-Gaga" translated: "I wanna go with Paga" as I'm pulling him kicking and screaming out of Paga's car...


Says the CUTEST things:
"gug-gle" aka: snuggles (his snuggly that he sleeps with) O my gosh. seriously this is the cutest word he says..... LOVE IT!!!

"ape-ple" - April (his Aunt) - today he kept saying over and over, "ape-ple" "ape-ple" and I thought he was saying apple. He was sooo insitent - just
kept pointing at my phone and saying "ape-ple". Till I finally realized he wanted to make a video for/talk to Aunt April because Hollie had just made
her a video (SO CUTE!!!!!)


Today he came running into my room shouting at the top of his lungs:

brock: MOM!!!!! HOLLA (aka Hollie)!! HOLLA, NO! NO! NO! Holla!!

me: did Hollie tell you "no"?

brock: Ya!

me: is Hollie being bad?

brock: ya!

me: is Hollie being nice?

brock: ya! (quick exit back to annoy her some more!)


He LOVES his twin cousin! They have such fun together!!



So glad they have each other!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)