6 pm: I was standing in my driveway talking to my landlord's wife, Nina, when my water broke. I was just about to leave for church so I told her I forgot something and ran back downstairs. I initially thought I had pee'd my pants, but quickly realized it wasn't stopping. I called Johnny, my mom, and Allison. Johnny was at school in Salem, my mom was at church and Allison wasn't answering.
At this points I was excited but relatively calm. I wasn't having any contractions so I wasn't nervous that we were in a time crunch (boy was I right!) Johnny left school and headed over to the hospital to check me in. My mom, dad and sisters headed to Newberg to grab a few things, and then headed to the hospital. I finally got a hold of Allison (she was working) and she rushed over. I think everyone beat me to the hospital! (: I was pretty laid back which was nice I think.
8 pm We arrived at the hospital and were brought up to Labor & delivery. They checked me to make sure my water had truly broken and then got me situated in a bed. Still no contractions.
Grammy & Papa, Aunt Naomi & (future) Uncle Jason, Aunt Jennifer, Allison and Patti were all there by 9pm.
12am Still no contractions. They started me on Pitocin. Back labor began. YIKES!
6 am - Dialated to 2!?!??!?! This back labor is intense!
8 am Dialated to (maybe) 2 1/2!!!!!! Give me an epidural!
I continued to labor and progress VERY slowly throughout the day.
5 pm - dialated to 5-6 and the baby was almost all the way down. The nurse (Jen) said that
I would need a power nap so that I could push.
7 pm Dialated to 8-9 now. Dad came in to pray for me before I delivered. We were all so excited!
10:45 pm The dr came in and gave me an option for a c-section a little bit ago. It took 2 people and repeated shakings to wake Johnny. He was a bit disoriented! The dr said I was staying at 9 and my cervix was in the way. He was going to come check again soon and then I could decide. Everyone came in my room and prayed with me.
11 pm Decided to go in for the c-section.
11:31 pm Natalee Grace entered the world 7 lbs 4 ounces 19 1/2 inches
At this points I was excited but relatively calm. I wasn't having any contractions so I wasn't nervous that we were in a time crunch (boy was I right!) Johnny left school and headed over to the hospital to check me in. My mom, dad and sisters headed to Newberg to grab a few things, and then headed to the hospital. I finally got a hold of Allison (she was working) and she rushed over. I think everyone beat me to the hospital! (: I was pretty laid back which was nice I think.
8 pm We arrived at the hospital and were brought up to Labor & delivery. They checked me to make sure my water had truly broken and then got me situated in a bed. Still no contractions.
Grammy & Papa, Aunt Naomi & (future) Uncle Jason, Aunt Jennifer, Allison and Patti were all there by 9pm.
12am Still no contractions. They started me on Pitocin. Back labor began. YIKES!
6 am - Dialated to 2!?!??!?! This back labor is intense!
8 am Dialated to (maybe) 2 1/2!!!!!! Give me an epidural!
I continued to labor and progress VERY slowly throughout the day.
5 pm - dialated to 5-6 and the baby was almost all the way down. The nurse (Jen) said that
I would need a power nap so that I could push.
7 pm Dialated to 8-9 now. Dad came in to pray for me before I delivered. We were all so excited!
10:45 pm The dr came in and gave me an option for a c-section a little bit ago. It took 2 people and repeated shakings to wake Johnny. He was a bit disoriented! The dr said I was staying at 9 and my cervix was in the way. He was going to come check again soon and then I could decide. Everyone came in my room and prayed with me.
11 pm Decided to go in for the c-section.
11:31 pm Natalee Grace entered the world 7 lbs 4 ounces 19 1/2 inches
Comments