Skip to main content

The beautiful beach

Tuesday and Wednesday I had a little get-away!
My mom had a room reserved at the beach a few weeks ago
for a get-away with some friends.

She had to move the reservation
(they wouldn't let her cancel at such last minute notice)
when her friends couldn't make it...
so I got to go with her this week!(the view out our window! on a beautiful, sunny, clear, 50 degree day!)

It was the 1st time Natalee really was able to
comprehend and "take-in" the beach.
I stopped somewhere along the way, got her out and showed her the ocean.
I kept waiting for her reaction.
She was literally speechless.
She just sat there in my arms staring. Trying to take it all in!
I simply loved the "awe"some moment.
My baby girl really seeing the ocean for the first time!She quickly perfected the art of saying "ocean" and "sea gull"...
She loved every minute of our trip!
(Mommy on the other hand, had a rough night with an almost 2 year old
wiggling, squirming, and demanding
"Nonnie", "Potty", "water" etc multiple times
during the night and early morning! Not at all relaxing!)
(Natalee enjoying the view)
Isn't her little hat adorable? It was a gift from my Aunt Gloria
and it just works super sweet w/ the outfit I packed for her!
(Natalee & Nonnie)
(terrible picture of me & Natalee. I won't tell you who took it.)
(I like this one... the sunbeam is so pretty behind her head!)
(Little Miss Independent)

The hotel we stayed at is called The Sandcastle.

It's an older hotel and it almost looks run-down (from the affects of saltwater I'm sure).

Anyway... inside it's WELL maintained and really really nice!
Our room had 2 beds, one in a bedroom & one out in the living area.
A full kitchen, & a huge dining room table perfect for scrapbooking!
(excuse the mess!)

Nonnie & I got a bunch of scrapbooking done.
I finished 4 pages, + 2 more that are close to being done.
SUCH FUN!
Natalee had a hard time saying good-bye...
Thank you Mom for letting us get-away with you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This looks like so much fun! I miss the beach so much! Even more so when you live in the desert! What a fun time scrapbooking, I'm so behind with mine. Natalee is talking so well in the videos post, and very cleary too!
Keri

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)