Skip to main content

Connor's 1st Birthday Party


My sweet baby boy had a simple little cake & family birthday party on Thursday night. I whipped out a few cute touches with my wonderful cricut paper cutter. My kiddos birthdays always have to have a banner...

(ok not always... but often....!)

The little cupcake toppers were fun... 

Cupcakes were a yellow cake mix with cookie dough centers.  I don't know how they tasted because I didn't eat one... but they got rave review from some party attendees... 1/2 the batch was a little iffy because someone turned off the oven without me knowing it! But in the end... no one will remember I suppose! (:   Frosting was chocolate chips melted with heavy whipping cream (what's not to love!?!?).


We added a few "C"'s and "1"'s to the cupcakes, candies & water bottles. I love it!



The non-readers in the family were convinced this banner said "Connor" and/or "Connor's birthday" (:

Chocolate bars

Birthday boy shirt compliments of Maga <3 a="" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgjHCucOw-zBcEDtYrXUgQvY_pYIoRHtv2_uQWUR2y875ABCvsW4TGdYUsx6PLLslQMKSmNBZLWwWhRkz-AmvVSsW7w8Z3im_E-KzKQrU5mf_cw30DRId5IrF1V2bvrF1FvTsWr8UD0fjpV/s1600/DSC02480.jpg" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">

Birthday party buddies! (Where's Hudson???!)
Twin Cousin love

Allison is family.... always has been... always will be... no matter how far she tries to run! (;
(Halle Jane in her arms)

Brother-in-loves!!


Auntie Amber & birthday boy
These cousins do NOT see enough of each other!!!! 

Birthday shot... In my grand dreams I imagined a pic with all the kiddos... and in reality I didn't even bother trying!!


Daddy's boy...

Taylor's got a thing for babies!!

This birthday candle was Johnnys 33 years ago... How sweet!!!!!
(I love Hudson's face in the background... and Brock's)

"What's this thing Mom?"

Mom blew out the candle & Aunt Naomi captured the moment! 

The 1-year-olds don't ever seem to be too sure about the cake!

Sisters!

Maga & her grand love


Aunt Naomi the amazing photographer... remembered to get a shot w/ her and the birthday boy. She's amazing. That's why I pay her the big bucks! (;

New stacking/nesting toy from Maga! Connor was wiped by present-opening time... he was extremely possesive of his gifts!

Mommy got to open all the adorable clothing he was blessed with. Always a big hit with me!!


Not sure what this look is with Papa... darling sweatshirt from Auntie Autumn!

My Momma & my darling neiceeee (pronounced knee-sea). Yup. She's a doll baby. 


And that's a wrap folks! Lots of visiting and family time. All the kiddos were sugar'd out by the nights end.   I am so grateful to my MIL for opening up her home for all the family!  Thank you Momma!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)