Yes I have thoroughly fallen off of the blogging wagon… today I am playing a little catch up and I've got to share about my baby!!
Where did 18 months go? And why does it go so fast!?! (although it's crazy to think that when Brock was 18 months I was 8 & 1/2 months pregnant!!)
This little guy…is such a little treasure. He lights up our days. He's got us all wrapped around his chubby little fingers. He brings joy and fun and laughter each and every day.
but he is a spit fire! There might just be a teensy bit of a strong-willed child hiding out behind his cute smile!
Especially when someone asks him to do something that crosses his WILL!
Like stand for two second and take a pic on a big chair!
BUT… he is a little gem too! He has a growing vocabulary and i really need to document but it includes all sorts of manners (please, thank you, 'cuse me) and he will repeat just about anything you say!
Maga taught him to say his name, which sounds like "Nonner Be-mam-mem Barton"
He was a trooper camping this summer… he really had a blast… I think the trick is.. just give a boy some dirt… or sand… and he'll never complain! (wait… it kinda works for my girls too!)
His best buddy is Brock.
His worst enemy is… Brock.
It's a love/hate thing.
He really adores Brock - but also wants every single toy in Brocks hand at any given moment - which makes for some loud screaming battles. But his first words each morning (after "book! book") are "Hi Bock!! Hi Bock" He thinks Brock is hilarious, laughs at every thing he does and says (naughty OR nice!), and pretty much wants to be just like big brother all day long.
and his hair… o man i LOVE his hair. It's wild at times, but seems to tame itself. It's the perfect little ducky (mini-Johnny) hair that I prayed for.
He's entering that independent stage where he lets you know: I-want-to-do-everything-by-myself-and-I'll-scream-if-you-won't-let-me!!! But it's also the best stage because he can communicate so many things. and he has a sense of humor. and he's a little lover. and his giggle makes you smile even on days when you are grumpy.
His sisters adore hime. He adores them. And gets mad at them non-stop for trying to be his Momma. It's a sibling thing I guess :)
I am really enjoying this age/stage. No babies at the moment and it's been fun! (Wait what am I saying?!?! He's my BAAABY!!!) But really, I'm adjusting to a new normal with my big girls in school and it's been fun to see that crazy good & crazy bad that goes on with both boys at home all day!





Comments