Skip to main content

The big 2!

(WARNING: this post is photo HEAVY!)

Who is this sweet little girl?
What is she doing?...
...waiting for everyone one to hurry up and get to my party!!!
Maga & Paga are here...
Aunt April & Cameron are here, and Aunt Auttie too...
Nonnie & Papa & Jen are here...
Taylor & Uncle Jesse & Aunt Amber are here....

Let's PARTY!!!

Family came for the first part of the party...
We had pizza & yummy salads....

then present time...

Legos! My favorite! (what is this Mom??? ) :)

Clothes!!!
(Mommy's favorite!)Although I must say Natalee was pretty pumped about some of the clothes she got...
She is def. 100% girl!

Two swimsuits....!
"Just what I always wanted!!!"

Taylor was pretty sure this was her party. It was a little tough to convince her otherwise! :)
"The Portland Children's Museum?!? How'd you know I wanted to take Natalee there?!?"
Thank you Jesse & Amber!
Around 2:30 a few friends from church &
KYAH (and her mom!) arrived for the yummy part of the celebration!
ICE CREAM sundae time!
The "theme" of Natalee's party was cho-co-latte (Spanish for chocolate)
and we asked everyone to bring a chocolate topping for the sundaes.
The little ones enjoyed ice cream cones!

This made me VERY nervous...
if you could see the video you'd know why.
Those flames came very close to my chula's little face!





Look at this cutie! What a doll!


And the Brock/Rice/Barton Family Picture
And the Barton/Smith family picture....


http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~shampdouglasfamily/photos/shamp/family_picture.jpg
(for those of you who are confused... the Barton/Smiths don't seem to take many family photos... the last one was at my wedding! (: so I found a photo to substitute for the occasion. After all... Natalee will enjoy looking back on the occasion and remembering everyone who came to her party!)

The kiddos had fun playing bubbles...
doing sidewalk chalk...
and eating ice cream.


Everyone was tuckered out at the end...
As a side note: Natalee has been potty trained (using that word loosely)
for about 5 days (she's been in panties at least!)

At her party she was so overwhelmed and excited she didn't really want to take time to go potty. I finally gave up and decided, why fight that battle, so I slipped a pull-up over her chonies.
At the end of the day (a 4 hour event), she had only one tiny accident! Woo hoo! This mom is so happy to be done with diapers!

And here's the sweet, tired little girl at the end of her BIG day...

Comments

Stephanie said…
Such a sweet post - but I'm dying to know.....how long did it take you to upload all those pictures to the post!?!?!?!? I certainly hope you didn't sit there and wait for it to upload!! Very cute post though!
Danielle said…
It didn't take long at all! My new interenet is super fast! 5 pictures in less than a minute!
And I was editing and adding captions while the pixs uploaded! I did a TON of posts! I have more that will show up today and tomorrow! Feels good
to be caught up! Now I need to take more pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)