Today Shyanne awoke from her nap screaming bloody murder.
I rushed into her room. She was sitting up in bed and her eyes held terror. I grabbed her into my arms and she clutched me desperately and sobbed. I rocked her and prayed for her, and whispered words of comfort. I prayed for wisdom and insight into her little mind. I prayed for peace and the presence of Jesus to surround her.
Slowly her little body calmed down.
I thought back to our first months with little Shyanne.
Months of prayer, frustration, hope, and confusion all wrapped into one. Not a night went by that she wouldn't awake in sheer terror. Multiple times a night, I would rock her and hold her tell her everything was going to be ok. That no one was going to hurt her. That she was safe.
That she was loved.
That I wouldn't leave her. That Jesus loved her.
That angels were watching over her.

Slowly we began to see progress. And then regression. And then more progress. It was a long battle. But one morning I woke up and realized I had slept through the entire night.
Then it was two nights. Then I'd be up three times in a night. But there was progress. And as Shyanne began to feel safe, she began to sleep.
And all those demons she battled in her sleep, I battled through prayer. No child of mine was going to tormented that way. No sir.
And here we are today. Almost 2 years down the road (two years!?! How is it possible?) My Shy is so big and grown up.
And she has grown in countless ways. She sleeps very well, hardly ever cries or throws a fit anymore. She is very, kind and thoughtful. She is extremely protective of her mommy. She has a vivid imagination and plays and plays Mommy and baby all day long.
She loves to snuggle and cuddle with her mommy (something none of my other girls will do!!!). And she learns quickly. She has a heart of gold and I am so blessed to call myself her Mama!
I rushed into her room. She was sitting up in bed and her eyes held terror. I grabbed her into my arms and she clutched me desperately and sobbed. I rocked her and prayed for her, and whispered words of comfort. I prayed for wisdom and insight into her little mind. I prayed for peace and the presence of Jesus to surround her.
Slowly her little body calmed down.
I thought back to our first months with little Shyanne.
Slowly we began to see progress. And then regression. And then more progress. It was a long battle. But one morning I woke up and realized I had slept through the entire night.
And here we are today. Almost 2 years down the road (two years!?! How is it possible?) My Shy is so big and grown up.
Comments