Skip to main content

31

I am officially 31. Naomi and I have our birthdays 2 days apart. This year my sweet Pastor's wife (naomi's mother-in-law) blessed us with a yummy cake at church on Wednesday. Naomi wasn't there since baby K was in the hospital :( so I didn't even get to share the embarrassment of being sung to, with her. Needless to say, I had a blessed birthday and I am very grateful for the love showered upon me! Saturday was filled with a day of shopping, a hair cut, a free lunch, and just a lovely time with my momma and sister. My heaven-sent mother-in-law watch my girls for me (while suffering from a tooth-ache :( poor baby!) and she doesn't even know how blessed I felt! (love ya Maga!) i got some new clothes that actually fit me! Some new (much-needed) makeup and some new boots! All I need now is a pedicure and I'll be a new woman! :) (DON'T look at my toes, please I beg you! It's a bad scene).

Thoughts on being 31.... I guess it's not much different than 30, which is not much different than 29, which is not much different than 20! :) I am a mother to 4 beautiful children and a wife to an AMAZING husband. I am still learning how to balance it all... And I've really got a lot to learn.

This coming year I'd like to:
•go on more dates with my DH (Leslie I'm serious! Let's Make a Plan!)
•witness/share the gospel more
•lose my baby weight and then some
•make healthier food choices
•go back to the gym and get into a routine
•do more projects and actives with my girls
•find and do some bible studies
•slowdown and savor our family time (my girls will start School next year! Wahhh)
•find recipes more often and make a greater variety of foods
•go out with girlfriends once a month
•break out of my comfort Zone and have some new converts from church over to my house

and maybe some other things too... But that's a good start!

(ps. I've got the best friends in the whole world. You know who you are
And I LOVE YOU!! Thank you all for making my birthday so sweet!)

Comments

Allison said…
Happy Happy Birthday my sweet sweet friend! I love you and your kiddos tons! Don't know what I'd do without you!---probably have a cheaper phone bill :) hehe
Lori said…
Happy Birthday Danielle....
Heidi said…
ill so glad you got to have such a fun birthday day!! happy birthday :)
Monique Rice said…
Happy late birthday!!!!!!!

Was great seeing you the last 2 weekends <3

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)