Skip to main content

It's 2:49 am

I am sitting in the business room at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Redmond Oregon.  In 7 hours we will celebrate my Grandma Westbrook's life*. 

Right now, I am trying to let the 7 people in my hotel room, sleep.

My baby is allergic to soy.  We figured that out a month or two ago when I eliminated dairy from my diet to see if it helped his miserable reflux.  Eliminating dairy, I added soy milk to my diet.  His reflux worsened. Considerably. 

problem (semi) solved.  eliminate soy, eliminate reflux (with a little previcid in there as well).

Fast forward to the past few weeks...

my milk supply seems to be struggling.  called my doctor and she suggested trying to add solids, followed by incorporating some fomula if Brock still seemed to be hungry. 

While pumping like crazy and trying to help my milk supply replenish, I have added an occassional bottle of formula.  Unfortuately, all formula has some soy in it.  Can't get away from it with out spending $139 for 4 cans ):

Today was a busy day on the go: driving to Redmond this morning, and finalizing last minute thing for my grandma's memorial service tomorrow*. For some reason my milk supply wasn't cooperating, and Brock ended up drinking 1 1/2 bottles of formula.  Formula with soy in it. 

And so, that is why I left my room around 1am to work with Brock in the lobby and allow everyone else some much-needed shut eye. 

It KILLS me to see him this way.  I called the on-call pediatric service to see if there's anything I can give him for a tummy ache.  Previcid. & gas drops.  ):

Poor little guy.  He sleeps for 5-10 minutes, then cries for 5 minutes.  Sleeps for 15-20 minutes, cries for 10 minutes. On and on and on. Right now he is a asleep and he's been asleep for  30 minutes.  His longest stretch yet. And I don't want to move him.  And I don't want to go back to my room because he'll wake everyone if he awakes.

At least the lobby has nice comfy leather couches! Buy stock in Starbucks right now if you're up reading this blog post!! Tomorrow morning my purchases there will be sure to make their stocks skyrocket! (:

*I haven't mentioned anything about my Grandmas Westbrook going "Home for Christmas" on this blog.  I'm not good at expressing my emotions on my blog - it's few & far between that I can articulate myself well.  Click the links above to see my sister's posts.

Comments

Mrs. K said…
My Mom used to put a tiny teaspoon of Kayro syrup in my bottle. There wasn't formula when I was a baby (I know cave women nursed then when straight to dinosaur milk ;>)). But seriously she said the Kayro seemed to coat my stomach. Wonder if you can slip some Kayro in somehow?

Poor poor baby Brock. Will keep him in my prayers.
Lori said…
Oh I am so sorry....poor Brock :{
Allison said…
This just makes me plain sad.

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)