Skip to main content

2 firsts... My little Kindergartners

Today was their first day. They were just a little EXCITED (:



 I'm so proud of them... I'm not sure why it hits my heart that way... it's not like the did anything to become kindergartners, besides grow... but I just am. I'm proud because they are mine. They are so beautiful on the inside & out. They are sooo excited to learn and be "big". It just makes my heart hurt to think of how much they will grow and change this year.  My sweet little-big girls!
 They each picked out their own outfits.  I pulled out some fall clothes since it was rainy and cold today.  Shy went with long sleeve, Natalee with short.  The pink skirt Natalee is wearing, Shy has one too... but it falls straight off her tiny little hips, so we didn't think it was a good plan for her first day of school (:
 The girls are attending a primary school - separate from the elementary school.  It's suppose to have K-2 but this year it only has Kindergarten due to some remodeling occurring at some of the schools. 
 Today was a staggered start - 1/3 of the kids come today, tomorrow & Wednesday - and then everyone comes Thursday/Friday.  There were actually only 7 kids there today but I think there are 23 kids in their class.
 Washing their hands before sitting down...
 Working on their first activity as official kindergartners!
Alright... it's time to head back to pick them up! Man that went fast!!!

Comments

Denise said…
I am so proud to tell everyone these are the grandest girls of all

And I have no doubt they will do wonderful at school...they shine! Love nonnie
Denise said…
I am so proud to tell everyone these are the grandest girls of all

And I have no doubt they will do wonderful at school...they shine! Love nonnie
Allison said…
Most adorable kindergartners EVER! Check out the boy in the orange. That first day "draw-em-in-get-em-excited-keep-em-comin-back-beggin-for-more" activity has him TOTALLY HOOKED! I can tell he's eagerly imagining what more is to come!!! :)
Allison said…
--and I have a sneaky suspicion your girls will be telling you a few stories about that particular little boy. :)
Naomi said…
Haha Allison :) cutest little kindergartens ever!!

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)