Last night held important significance to me, separate from our freedoms and the beauty of what the 4th of July stands for. And I don't want to diminish the meaning of the Fourth in any way...
But for us last night... and for us two years ago, the evening of the Fourth marks something else as well. And I wanted to be sure to put it into writing here before the craziness of tomorrow makes me forget the importance of yesterday! (:
Two years ago, July 4, 2009 was our last night together as a family of three.

We didn't know it at the time.
The next day Johnny left for Arizona, and three days later a whirlwind called Shyanne & Hollie flew in our door! (: Though it wasn't for quite some time afterward that we would KNOW for sure that we were no longer a family of 3, that quiet evening in July marked a significant turning point in our lives that we never even knew was coming. And what a beautiful turning point it was!Fast forward to last night. July 4, 2011. Once again a significant night. Our last night together as a family of five. Tonight my girls head over to their Tia's house, and tomorrow we meet Barton Baby #4!!! ( I just got teary-eyed typing that! Wow didn't even realize it was going to hit me this way!)
It just struck me funny that those two dates, two years apart, co-inside. My sweet family grows and changes again. And I am so very grateful for each and every one who is a part of it.

The girls got to try their first Sparklers. Hollie made us all a little nervous... I think she even made herself a little nervous! tee hee!
I commented to Johnny on our ride home, that the 4th of July with kids is so much more fun. We just had a wonderful, wonderful evening!

My girls have made me smile and ache with love for them these past few days. Johnny and I constantly sit back and remark to each other just how much we love these girls.
And now we will enter in to a new journey of love with this new little one. Thank you Jesus for this precious life that we live. I am so very grateful.
Comments