Brock's blood sugar jumped to 77! We were thrilled! The doctor made plans to begin weaning him off the sugar hour by hour starting tomorrow. Everything was looking good!
Immediately after we got the news, the iv nurse realized his iv was failing. They immediately began to try to put a new one in. Four attempts and two nurses later... I was losing it. The third attempt had him screaming harder than ive ever heard him scream since he was born. It was heart breaking. I finally had to leave the Nicu. By the time i came back, the iv was in, Brock was settled and every thing was over. Two hours off the iv and his blood sugar had dropped to 45.
I was worried that we'd be starting over... Back at square one with no weaning tomorrow. Luckily, thats not the case. We are still on track to begin weaning tomorrow. Praise God! Please continue to pray that his numbers stay strong tomorrow and the days to come.
Immediately after we got the news, the iv nurse realized his iv was failing. They immediately began to try to put a new one in. Four attempts and two nurses later... I was losing it. The third attempt had him screaming harder than ive ever heard him scream since he was born. It was heart breaking. I finally had to leave the Nicu. By the time i came back, the iv was in, Brock was settled and every thing was over. Two hours off the iv and his blood sugar had dropped to 45.
I was worried that we'd be starting over... Back at square one with no weaning tomorrow. Luckily, thats not the case. We are still on track to begin weaning tomorrow. Praise God! Please continue to pray that his numbers stay strong tomorrow and the days to come.
Comments