4 words.
4 words changed my world last night.
4 words uttered by my husband. my lifelong companion. my best friend.
4 words that were the last 4 words I expected this soon.
4 words that I wasn't 100% sure I was even ready to say.
4 words.
"I think we should"
Johnny and I were laying in bed talking about the latest developments with the girls. I told him that I had literally been physically ill since getting off the phone with their case worker. Not because anything was wrong. Simply because I had broached the subject of possible adoption and now my gut was all twisted with dread. Dread that we might let these girls go, and regret it for the rest of our lives. Things that I have been thinking about for quite some time - finally verbalized to my case worker. I expected her to say, "no way" but she didn't. She gave me hope they we might possibly be able to have these girls. And that hope, opened a whole new door of emotions. Emotions that perhaps I had bottle up, because I didn't think it would be an option for us to have the girls. But intense emotions, nonetheless.
And then, with 4 words, Johnny calmed that dread. Johnny was at a place I didn't think he was. He had already resolved that adoption was what we needed to do. And I didn't even know. I thought it would take a lot more time and perhaps a thunderbolt from heaven, to get him to decide that. O but I am so thankful that God sets Johnny over me as my headship. That God gave me a man that can hear from Him and direct our family. Because with those 4 words, Johnny pointed our lives (well... God pointed our lives I'm sure!) in a new direction. An exciting direction. A HUGE direction. and I'm still reeling from it all.
4 words changed my world last night.
4 words uttered by my husband. my lifelong companion. my best friend.
4 words that were the last 4 words I expected this soon.
4 words that I wasn't 100% sure I was even ready to say.
4 words.
"I think we should"
Johnny and I were laying in bed talking about the latest developments with the girls. I told him that I had literally been physically ill since getting off the phone with their case worker. Not because anything was wrong. Simply because I had broached the subject of possible adoption and now my gut was all twisted with dread. Dread that we might let these girls go, and regret it for the rest of our lives. Things that I have been thinking about for quite some time - finally verbalized to my case worker. I expected her to say, "no way" but she didn't. She gave me hope they we might possibly be able to have these girls. And that hope, opened a whole new door of emotions. Emotions that perhaps I had bottle up, because I didn't think it would be an option for us to have the girls. But intense emotions, nonetheless.
And then, with 4 words, Johnny calmed that dread. Johnny was at a place I didn't think he was. He had already resolved that adoption was what we needed to do. And I didn't even know. I thought it would take a lot more time and perhaps a thunderbolt from heaven, to get him to decide that. O but I am so thankful that God sets Johnny over me as my headship. That God gave me a man that can hear from Him and direct our family. Because with those 4 words, Johnny pointed our lives (well... God pointed our lives I'm sure!) in a new direction. An exciting direction. A HUGE direction. and I'm still reeling from it all.
Comments