I am slowly but surely working to get my yard under control. It seems to be impossible... but there are little things, like these... that make me happy....
My dad built these planter boxes for Naomi & I. How sweet is that?!
My dad built these planter boxes for Naomi & I. How sweet is that?!
Aren't they cute?I told Johnny I MUCH prefer creating my own gardening beauties than trying to clean up other peoples' messes. Ug. Have I mentioned on here that I'm not a gardener? And that I DON'T know what I'm doing when I attack these overgrown flower beds?!?
I'm tempted to just go to town with pruning sheers and reap the consequences if I hurt the wrong thing! (I know there are those of you who are reading this and cringing!) It's all just so overwhelming to me.
And I have a neighbor, shall we just call her Nosy Nancy? Who keeps coming over giving me pointers and making me feel very JUDGED by my yard. I finally told her yesterday that every time I go out to pull weeds I end up having crazy insane contractions and can barely breathe. I think that caught her off guard (: After that she didn't offer any more suggestions. HA!
I mean seriously, I think she thinks I have nothing better to do than work in my yard, and why the heck isn't it looking up-to-par with the neighborhood?! Sheesh!!
Ok. I'm done venting (:
I'm hoping within two weeks (by the adoption party time) that I can make some sort of progress in this mess! If you're coming to the party... be sure to notice all the nice work I've done... and ignore the bad parts! k? (: Thanks.
Comments