Skip to main content

4th of July Part 2: Discovery Park


Happy Independence Day!

We started out our 4th of July meeting family at Discovery park in McMinnville for a bbq and just a fun relaxing time! After a few mishaps with the bbq, we got our food cooking and all our potluck stuff spread out over 3 tables! Discovery park is perfect for group get-togethers because of the layout... you can see the kids pretty well if you sit under the covered area... and there are also park rangers to deter any trouble-makers... Natalee & Taylor had a blast playing on the playground. It was fun with so much family around (The Brocks, Bartons and Smiths) because we could take turns playing with the little ones... and mommy got a break! Natalee's favorite part of the playground is always the swings... we had a hard time coaxing her out of them (she threw a fit!) Lucky for her, Aunt Auttie, Aunt Naomi, both grandpas & grandmas all took turns with her on the swingset... so she got lots of swinging time!

The only bummer was that it was a little drizzly out when we got to the park... and a little cool... I felt bad cause Natalee was (actually all of us were) in shorts and a t-shirt... but luckily I remembered to bring her a sweatshirt in case it got cold at fireworks... but anyway... it actually ended up quite nice because it meant that it wasn't too hot... and also Amber was able to come and bring baby Cameron, without worrying that it might be too hot for him!

The highlight of our time (in my opinion!) was little Cameron... He is such a doll and it was so fun to see him after a week. He had changed so much already ! It's sad when they're so little and they change so much but we don't get to see them as often... you miss so much! ooo he is such a doll!!

Here he is in Aunt Autumn's arms... gosh... just looking at this picture makes me want to drive to Mac to see him... he's a month old! and I haven't seen him since the 4th!

Aunt April bought Natalee a pair of sunglasses. I have never seen Natalee be so possessive of an item as she was of these glasses. She would scream if you tried to take them from her, and she would scream if you even tried to help her put them on! She looks so cute in them... I guess she must know that... cause she just kept smiling and crinkling up her little nose!

Thanks Aunt April!! We miss you! (She's working at Yellowstone for the summer for those of you who don't know)




The rest of these pictures are just snapshots of our time at the park...


Tay & Uncle Johnny goofing around... I think Johnny got his workout just playing with Tay on the playground! Good thing it was cool out! (:

I wish you could see Tay's swimsuit in this picture. It is ADORABLE! Navy striped with white... too cute!






Another shot of Auttie & Cammie (as they call him)... ooo I just love him!! This little outfit he has on is just like the one we gave him (only he pooped in that one before he came)... it's so sweet and cozy... Natalee used to have an outfit from the same line of clothes and I love it!

Natalee & Papa just getting off the swings! These grandpa's.... what a bunch of softies! (: They'll do anything for that little granddaughter!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad to see the pictures of the kiddies! Love Natalee's hair in the piggies....so cute. And so glad to get to see pictures of the little Smiths. Cameron does look so different....doesn't look like his hair has changed much though!

April
Destiny said…
Those pictures of Cameron were so cute. and the one's of Natalee in the Swing!:)

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)