Tuesday morning, July 15th, we headed for a morning trip to the zoo with my friend Tauni, and her two kids, Elizabeth (age 21 months) and Ezra (age 4 months) (not pictured because he's in a front pack that I'm wearing!) ... Elizabeth is at that great age where she really started noticing animals and getting excited about them. Natalee was more interested this time, than last time... I think every trip will become more and more fun for her! I didn't get a ton of pictures... but I did get a few good ones (and of different animals than last time).
They were both fascinated with the turtles. Natalee had never seen one and I haven't really introduced them even in books yet.... I don't know what she thought!
The Hippo was in good plain view. Tauni kept asking Elizabeth if she could imagine one on those big hippos on a school bus! She said they sing a song about hippos on a school bus at library time and it's Elizabeth's favorite song! (:
Next came the petting zoo... I was curious to see how Natalee would do since she tends to get scared of animals walking near her, but she did alright! She didn't mind the goats that were sitting and by the time we left she was even saying "goat" and telling me the sound it makes: haaaaahaaaaaa (a throaty laughing sound!)
Comments
--Tauni