Skip to main content

Chico, CA

It's been almost a month since we went to Chico. I never took my pictures off of my camera, and then it died. Now that we have a new camera (hurray!!!) I inserted my old memory card and Voila! pictures!
Ok so for those of you who don't know what an outreach is or what it entails... here's an explanation. About 15 of us from Corvallis and Salem piled into a van at 6am.. and headed down south. John and Sofia Foley are pioneering a church in Chico, CA, basically starting from nothing, and with a LOT of prayer, building a church. Since the Foleys are from our home church (McMinnville), they often call other sister churches and request impact/outreach teams to come for a day (or two!)

Pastor Foley aka John called and asked if our band could come play a few concerts this particular weekend. Since our church is small, and we wanted to send a good impact team, the Salem church sent enough people to fill the van.

Side note: I LOVED having the Salem people with us. It was a fresh dynamic! Not that I don't love all you Corvallis-ites (cause I DO!) but it was just so nice to have a variety of people. I LOVED it!

Anyway... we arrived in Chico late Friday afternoon. Unloaded the guys' sleeping bags etc at the church and headed to an area with tons of apts and a giant cement slab located in the center of the area. PERFECT to set up a BBQ and Concert. Lots of visitors showed up and we had a good time. Every outreach we do, we pull an altar call. An altar call is an opportunity to people to surrender their lives to Jesus and accept Him into their hearts. 2 people gave their lives to God that day!!

The next day we set up in a great park. It was a family outreach, geared toward kids mostly. We had a bouncy house, Face painting, balloons, a bbq, and a concert.
Hundreds of people came out, and heard the gospel presented. I believe there were 7 or 8 more people who gave their lives to God. Just so very incredible and WELL worth giving up a weekend! We had a great time and it was great to have a little girl time with Sophi as well! She doesn't get out with friends much, living in a new town with 3 kids under 3! She is of course, our hero... laying down her life, leaving her family, and supporting her husband in this crazy adventure called pioneering (and from the stories she told... never a dull moment!)Saturday afternoon around 5, we loaded everything up and headed back for a long drive home! The weekend was so fun and so fruitful! I am very grateful to Patti for taking care of my babies while I was gone - while she packed a mile-a-minute for a week long trip leaving Monday morning! Talk about a saint! It is so wonderful when you leave the state, to know that the kids are safe and well cared for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)