Skip to main content
This is probably one of the strangest blog posts I've ever written. I hope that every person who reads my blog takes the times to read the words written below. I pray that each and every one of you will receive it with the understanding that I am writing this because I love you, and it is in no way meant to be judgmental..

What inspired this post, was a paper I read recently about the world after the Rapture occurs. The Rapture, simply explained, is when Jesus Christ takes Christians from this world to heaven.
When the Rapture occurs, a series of events will unfold that are explained in Revelations (the last book of the bible). This time after the Rapture is called The Tribulation, followed by another period of time called The Great Tribulation. This time will include such devastation that the earth has never known. Over the course of the tribulation, 75% of the earth's population will be wiped out. The agony that those surviving will endure, will make them wish they were dead. The Bible is very clear on how a person can be saved and exempt from that tribulation or the "wrath" that is to come.

I know that I am a person who falls so short of God's standard of holiness. I know that I can never be good enough to get into heaven on my own.("For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23)

Thankfully, Jesus paid the price by giving his life on the cross so that we could be forgiven if and when we repent of (and turn from) our sin, and receive Him as our Lord and Savior. You see, without Him dying to forgive my sins, I would never ever come close to being good enough to deserve heaven.

We may go through life thinking we are good people because we're nice, or don't to anything too horribly bad, but if you look closely at God's standard of "good"(Our righteousness is as filthy rags), you'll quickly and easily see that no one could ever be good enough because all have sinned...even if it's as small as telling one lie. ("All have sinned and fall short of the glory of the God." Romans 3:23 "There is none righteous, no not one." Romans 3:10)

I'm talking about knowing, that you know, that you know, that your heart is right with him, so that when He returns (or your life ends prior to His return), you can rest peacefully knowing that you will make heaven your home. If it were up to good works and deeds we'd never make it, ("For it is by grace we are saved, through faith, not of works. It is a gift of God lest any man should boast". Ephesians 2: 8-9) Therefore it is through His death and by His incredible grace and mercy that we can be redeemed and given eternal life. That is why it is amazing to think that Jesus paved the way for you and has given you this opportunity by dying for you. ("But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8) This is a holy God dying for people like us who screw up every single day! ...Yet He did it because of His profound love for each and every one of us...no matter the background or how deep the sin, He can wash you completely clean.

"If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9-10

"For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14

If you are at all up-to-date with current events, you know that we are living in a crazy time. ...and we can get into fulfilled prophecy in the Bible and all that - but that is not the intention of this post. Just know that when Jesus comes back, it will be tough to give your life to God and live for God. I'm simply asking you to please consider doing it now.

I'm asking you to check your own heart and give Jesus a chance if you haven't. Knowing Him is the most incredible gift ever given in this world. I don't know where I'd be without Him. Even if you don't agree with what you're reading, I urge you to know, that you know, that you know that you're 100% right on the decision you make regarding Him, because it certainly is not worth it to be wrong on this one.

If you've never prayed a prayer of salvation, pray something like this:
Dear God, I admit that I'm a sinner. I confess my sins and choose to turn from them from this day forward. I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, and I accept His payment for them. Lord, come into my heart. Change me. Begin a new work in me. Thank you for sending your son to die for me. Amen.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I know it is heavy. I know that it's a lot to process. I also know that it is the truth, and it has forever changed my life. If you're tired of your old life, why not give Jesus a chance?

Danielle

Comments

Cassie Soric said…
Do you mind if I send this to a couple people. It is beautifuly written. You have such a great heart.

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)