Skip to main content

This girl...

Photobucket


Photobucket

This girl is 2 years + 2 months.
This girl is our little ham!
These days she makes us laugh and laugh and laugh.
Her budding verbal skills are just so cute!
Some of her favorite sayings....

***"2 minutes!" about anything where time needs to pass... "Hold on Hollie" - she replies... [gibberish, gibberish] and then "2 minutes!"***

***"Shy-anne!!!" She always called her Shy-Shy - until one day a few weeks ago she started calling her Shy-anne!!! and it always has 3 exclamation points after it. She uses it to demand obedience, or rebuke Shyanne.

***"Nat-a-wee" or something pretty close. I never realized Natalee would be such a tough name for kids to say - but it is!

*** "Tawn-ee" (aka Connie) She does imaginative play and it always seems to involve Connie (an adopted Grandma from church). Hollie adores Connie. She plays that they're going to Connie's house... whenever we go to church for band practice she rattles off an entire sentence w/ Connie's name inserted in various places - basically she thinks Connie is going to be there.... She cries when I take her away from Connie. She just simply adores her!


As you can see from these pictures... Hollie's hair is getting so long. It's just beautiful! If you ask her how old she is, she still says "three!". She wants to do any and everything the 3 year olds do - and to a large extent... she does! She's got great balance for a 2-year-old. She's very agile... and she's a maniac! Put that combination together and you've got one high-strung momma trying to keep her in one piece! ha. Not an easy task!

I think this is one of my favorite ages - despite the assertation of a two-year-old will.... I just love the daily emergence of language. It's just so incredible how little ones learn to talk.

Sweet Hollie May. You fill our days with joy! We are so glad that you are almost ours FOREVER!

Comments

Cassie Soric said…
Such great pictures. I love Holly, she is a ham.
Anonymous said…
she looks so beautiful in this dress! I love her personality that comes out in these pictures! -Nonnie
Hannah said…
Her dress is gorgeous and I love her huge smile! She really is growing up! What a sweetie!
Kenzie Rice said…
Oh gosh love that dress on her:) and her hair..ohh her hair!! Gorgeous;) kenzie loves u!

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST! If you want to continue reading my blog....

If you read my blog - will you please leave a comment - with your email address? I am considering making my blog private - not because I want it to be private - but just for the privacy of the kiddos. I want to invite anyone and everyone who wants - to read my blog. Whether you know me or just "know" me thru someone else who shared my blog with you. Whether you usually comment, or only lurk. Will you please leave a comment this time? I will leave this post up for a week or two... and then I will change my blog to "by invitation only". If you don't know how to comment... click on the word (comment) at the end of my post and you can either sign in, or if you don't have an account, you can leave an anonymous comment. Either way, leave me your email address so i can send you an invite. If you write your email like this: dnbarton (at) gmail (dot) com then there's no way spammers will get your email from my blog. If you receive my blog via email... you ha...

Photo Contest:

I am thinking of entering some pictures of my girls in an amateur photo contest. Opinions please! Leave a comment - Thanks! These are my options. Please leave a comment w/ the name and which picture you think I should use. CLARIFICATION: Please choose 1 for Hollie, 1 for Shy and 1 for Natalee (: Thanks! Hollie #1 Hollie #2 Shyanne #1 Shyanne #2 Shyanne #3 Shyanne #4 Natalee #1 Natalee #2 unedited Natalee #3 unedited Natalee #4

ooops!

I just realized that those "8 Month" pics I posted a few days ago weren't the 8 month pix.  They were more like one day shy of 7 month pictures... and THESE are the 8 month pictures! ha. o well... not much difference.  My editing was terrible in the 7 month pix - these are unedited, and probably for the best since it's not my strong suite! ha! (isn't this outfit from Nonnie ADORABLE!?) Love, love, love this one:    This is a typical face.  If he's not sucking in his lip, he's spitting and soaking his shirt with drool! (sorry so blurry - just had to remember this face!)