We have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years. This pregnancy is an answer to prayers, and yet I feel that it was all God's timing in the first place. Our adoption is drawing to an end, Naomi & Jason have Kaysea and Michael, and I believe for whatever reason, God wanted me to wait until now to conceive.
I started having suspicions a week or more ago. I've had a lot of negative pregnancy tests in three years, so I wasn't in any hurry to share my suspicions, or take a pg test. I knew the longer I waited, the further I'd be along, if I was pregnant. Somehow I convinced myself I'd be less disappointed if my period started, than if I got a BFN (big fat negative) on a test. So I waited. By Thursday, November 18, I was pretty darn sure. But I knew Johnny couldn't keep quiet once I told him, so I waited to tell. Friday afternoon on our way home from Portland, I asked him if he could buy me a pg test on his way home from work that night. He responded nonchalantly, "Sure". I waited. Then he said, "Are you sure?". To which I replied "Pretty darn sure". He asked me approx. a million more times if I was sure. His grin getting bigger and bigger with each additional, "Are you sure? How sure are you??" I had been feeling nauseous all day, so by this point I was pretty darn sure.
My earliest symptoms were slightly tender breasts, nausea here and there, and EXHAUSTION. I think after the second time of falling asleep sitting up, I was pretty darn sure!
Johnny came home with two tests that night, but I was already passed out (ha!). Early Saturday morning around 5am, I had to pee. I climbed out of bed and made my way blindly to the bathroom. I was hoping for a test that I knew how to use so I didn't have read the directions, but alas, he bought a digital one so I was out of luck. I was fully awake by the time I had that contraption figured out... and my heart raced as I waited for the little twirling marker to stop spinning and say "PREGNANT". I dreamt all night about PG tests and in every dream I had a BFP. But I'm pretty sure my heart stopped when it the screen actually read Pregnant!! I showed it to Johnny and we were both wide awake!!
I proceeded to threaten Johnny with every imaginable threat that he could not tell anyone till we told our families. [Little did I know he had already told our Pastor. Of course, he had to phrase it as some sort of, "Hey Pastor can you give me a little advice on this?", so it wasn't really like TELLING! Sheesh!]
Later that day I found out he told Patti, random people on the kid's football team, all his sisters etc!!! Before we even told our parents!! The stinker!
Needless to say, Johnny was just a little excited. We are both so very very excited! It feels like a long time since Natalee... and yet it feels to very very right.
P.S. We haven't told the kids yet - probably will tell them around Christmas. So that will be a fun post all in itself!
I started having suspicions a week or more ago. I've had a lot of negative pregnancy tests in three years, so I wasn't in any hurry to share my suspicions, or take a pg test. I knew the longer I waited, the further I'd be along, if I was pregnant. Somehow I convinced myself I'd be less disappointed if my period started, than if I got a BFN (big fat negative) on a test. So I waited. By Thursday, November 18, I was pretty darn sure. But I knew Johnny couldn't keep quiet once I told him, so I waited to tell. Friday afternoon on our way home from Portland, I asked him if he could buy me a pg test on his way home from work that night. He responded nonchalantly, "Sure". I waited. Then he said, "Are you sure?". To which I replied "Pretty darn sure". He asked me approx. a million more times if I was sure. His grin getting bigger and bigger with each additional, "Are you sure? How sure are you??" I had been feeling nauseous all day, so by this point I was pretty darn sure.
My earliest symptoms were slightly tender breasts, nausea here and there, and EXHAUSTION. I think after the second time of falling asleep sitting up, I was pretty darn sure!
Johnny came home with two tests that night, but I was already passed out (ha!). Early Saturday morning around 5am, I had to pee. I climbed out of bed and made my way blindly to the bathroom. I was hoping for a test that I knew how to use so I didn't have read the directions, but alas, he bought a digital one so I was out of luck. I was fully awake by the time I had that contraption figured out... and my heart raced as I waited for the little twirling marker to stop spinning and say "PREGNANT". I dreamt all night about PG tests and in every dream I had a BFP. But I'm pretty sure my heart stopped when it the screen actually read Pregnant!! I showed it to Johnny and we were both wide awake!!
I proceeded to threaten Johnny with every imaginable threat that he could not tell anyone till we told our families. [Little did I know he had already told our Pastor. Of course, he had to phrase it as some sort of, "Hey Pastor can you give me a little advice on this?", so it wasn't really like TELLING! Sheesh!]
Later that day I found out he told Patti, random people on the kid's football team, all his sisters etc!!! Before we even told our parents!! The stinker!
Needless to say, Johnny was just a little excited. We are both so very very excited! It feels like a long time since Natalee... and yet it feels to very very right.
P.S. We haven't told the kids yet - probably will tell them around Christmas. So that will be a fun post all in itself!
Comments