I am thankful for... Johnny.
Johnny is an incredible husband and provider for our family. He willingly has commuted 3 hours round trip for the last 5 years, working in Portland and NEVER ever complained. He faithfully would get up at 3:30, 4, 4:30 am, and drive all that way - wiped, exhausted often from late nights of school - getting home at 11pm. And yet he was faithful to do what it took to provide for our family. There was never a question of whether or not I would stay home, he has always made a way to make ends meet so that I could stay home with our baby - now babies!
Johnny has a heart of gold. When I brought up the idea of doing foster care, he was all in. He jumped in w/ both feet and never looked back. When we got the call for Shy & Hollie, he said YES! When I asked if we could adopt them, he was already thinking of it. When we've had call for foster babies since Shy & Hollie, he has always helped me make it work and with a great attitude in spite of the stress it sometimes bring having 5 kids under 4 in the home. He has never complained.
Johnny is crazy and funny and silly and he can always makes me smile. He brings the emotional climate in the home up when he's here. He knows how to make all my girls smile and laugh till it hurts. And he can do the same to me!
Natalee loves her daddy - but Hollie is by far the most of a "Daddy's girl" out of the 3. She asks me at least a million times a day, "Where's my dad at, mom?" Followed my, "I miss my dad", and "I want my dad come home!" It's always "My dad", not just "Dad", "MY DAD" (:
Johnny has always had an open heart and has allowed our home to have an open door. My friends has lived with us for several months, my grandma, mom, sister have always been welcome to stay at our home, w/o even asking Johnny. He just has a big heart, goes back to the foster care stuff too... He just doesn't ever seem to get his feathers ruffled about things that other guys just might have a big problem with!I love my sweet Johnny with all of my heart. And I am so very thankful for him!
Comments
love it.
love you guys! and seriously do call me sometime..would love to hear from you..if we can manage around 3 children on each end trying to interrupt!!!ha!